What Do You Run For?
As I was training the last few weeks I found myself thinking about different people in my life and their impact on me during my journey. I decided as cheesy as it seems that this 5k, my first, will have each kilometer be for someone. It just seems to make it worth more to me that way. Cheesy perhaps. Worth it? You bet!
- The ENTIRE PriorFatPack (because without you guys I would not have had the guts to try a 5k on my own!)
- Misty (because you have been such a wonderful friend, a driving force, an inspiration and I want you to be a part of this because you are a part of me! I Love you!)
- Grandmom (I never met my mothers mom. She died at the young age of 36. I spent the last bunch of years of my life fearing that I would suffer a similar fate. She died from Lupus. I wish I could have met her. I am doing everything I can to LIVE my life not watch things happen.)
- My Support Team (This includes my doctors at the weight clinic, the rheumatologists that have helped diagnose and treat my health problems, everyone my family and my friends who cheer me on and lifts me up on those bad days when I feel like I can’t handle anything else. They are so important! I cannot do this alone.)
- Myself (How could I not include myself? The last one is all me! The journey to reclaim my health and wellness is at its root all about me. I have to remember to take time out and recognize that I am certainly worth all the hard work! This is for me!)